Monday, December 24, 2007

It's been a while. I have been heads down developing a Mobile Banking application for cell phones. Recently I have been modifying it to run on the new android handset. Because of this I have ran into a few things I would like to remind myself of later.

One sort of unrelated thing is an issue I found when I started to migrate code from 1.5 to 1.6. I thought I had all of my project related code changed over only to have a build script fail. Below is the stack from my console.

The error manifest it self in two ways. the first way is:

class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0

The second way is:

[echo] compile of C:\_brent\workspaces\.....\source\main to C:\_brent\workspaces\.....\webapp\WEB-INF\classes
[javac] Compiling 144 source files to C:\_brent\workspaces\.....\webapp\WEB-INF\classes
[javac] javac: invalid target release: 1.6
[javac] Usage: javac

Not a very good description of what was happening. After double checking my settings I found the issue was with my ant task settings in the window>preferences>ant. I still had the 1.5 tools jar in my settings and need the 1.6 tools jar. Once I changed that it was smooth sailing.

I hope this helps others with the same issue. Happy coding!

1 comment:

reason said...

Yes! Great! Thanks! Your tip appears to have helped me. I had to replace the tools.jar under the Global settings.

That finally got the jar file to build for me.

Thanks again,